Kayaking enables us to visit unimaginable river, sea and lake environments, to physically become part of the landscape.
The kayak, thanks to its great versatility, in comparison to the canoe, can be used in almost any water setting, be that the calm waters of a lake or sea, or the whitewaters of a river or a stormy sea.
Once the basic handling techniques of this watercraft have been mastered, one can decide where to pass leisure time: river, torrent, lake or sea, miles away from the stress of an urban environment.
The Eddyline Kayak School offers a wide range of courses: from classic Kayak handling to Rodeo/Freestyle, Safety and Rescue, Eskimo, Junior to individual lessons and coaching.
The course events, especially the weekly courses, do not only aim to provide technical training and personal advancement, but also actively encourage the creation of a team spirit between participants, building socialization under the banner of outdoor sports activities.
Eddyline’s teaching philosophy, on which all courses are based, focuses on the attention to technical performance, using a ‘Step by step’ approach to attain results, instead of using merely command and repetition, thereby using reasoning through preparatory exercises which lead to the discovery of the stroke.
The courses are structured by level and the students will be admitted to the most suitable level, following a theory/practical test.
The courses of all levels are structured in the same manner: number of lessons, length of lessons, etc., only the technical approach to achieving the desired stroke will vary on the basis of the ability and characteristics of the students.
- Entry: suitable for new-comers to the sport or those with minor experience in easy rivers or at sea;
- Intermediate: suitable for those who complete ‘Entry’ courses or those with significantly more experience on the river;
- Advanced: suitable for those who have completed other courses or those with experience in medium to difficult river environments;
- Masterclass: suitable for those with complete technical knowledge such as strokes and paddling, but who want to improve strokes, style, posture, etc.
- Preparatory Couse and River Guide exam: suitable for those with sufficient experience and technical skills who want to take the course or River Guide exam in excellent physical and technical shape.